Monday 14 July 2014

A Bit Of Green On A Monday Morning.

Especially the Monday after Germany's World Cup win.

Oh my, what a final. In a way I am glad that it turned out to be such a late ( and lone ) winning goal even though it had most of us on the edge of our seats, beds or jumping from one leg to the other. Yes, at times it could have gone Argentina's way and for a second there I did have a bad feeling, but thankfully Mario Götze took care of that.

You know, if the final would have been a walk - over ( such as the unforgettable 7-1 ) the win wouldn't have been so fabulous. Again, WOW, what a team, what a trainer, what a tournament.

Back to my idea of a green start to the day. When I go walking with my camera, I point and click at portraits of nature that catch my eye. Often I don't have a look for a day or two at the pictures on the chip card and when I do, it surprises me again. At the moment everything seems to have a bit of a green glow. For the plants and vegetables, this green unfortunately signals the start of a decline...ending with harvesting. Ouch for the plant!

Regal & proud. The maize, nutritious and ever present.
The little " Lady Bug " resting on the green hills of a maize leaf. A content scene of nature, even supported by a blue sky.
Looking at this, I could get lost in my thoughts for hours. A soothing green canvas, creating endless possibilities for a mind to go off on a tangent....
It rained a river yesterday afternoon and I tried to catch a droplet or two. Alas I am not that quick with the button. But I think you can get a sense of moisture in, on & all around this vine foliage.
This is one of my favourite views on my daily walk. It also happens to be at the top of the last hill on my route. You have seen this view in all season and even in its green phase, it looks enticing.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment