Sunday 12 October 2014

A Harvesting The Grapes Day With Lots Of Colourful Extras.

A day in the country has many facets.


As you know, I am almost addicted to the brilliant colours of Burgenland. Especially the azure blue sky which peeped through this weekend.
A typical scene from a day of harvesting. Carrying the spoils to the trailer, in cowboy style! If you look closely, you can spot Bob and my Mum in the background, picking grapes.
Albert's stetson has many functions: it keeps the sun out and makes him look rather cool, don't you think? I might have to get one too!
Bob's in his element. There he is walking around in shorts a mere two and a bit months before Christmas...a Northern Hemisphere one!!!

Driving the grapes around ( from source to the cellar ) we came past this gem of a Kellerstöckl. Often when I walk there, it makes me stop and stare. Aren't the colours amazing. From the almost ochre shrub in front, via the brown of the cladding to the emerald green lawns & vineyards behind it. A showcase indeed.
Bob and I were invited to a birthday party last night. Of course it was in the vineyards of Eisenberg. Bob had a training exercise ( fire department ) so I walked there. This Kellerstöckl is on the way there and I couldn't resist taking the photo. The sun had already set but still you can get a feel of the red window-boxes in front. I love it.
A close up of the flowers. Absolutely stunning, with not a perished bud in sight. There is an art form to keeping geraniums looking so perfect.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment