Saturday 4 October 2014

Come & Join Me On My Walk Through Eisenberg.

An autumn walk through vineyards vivid in colour.


Funnily enough I only took note of this sign yesterday even though I have walked past it so often.
Isn't this a divine hill. A hill to walk, cycle, run or ponder life and its beauty. To be honest, this part of my walk is technically in the Deutsch Schützen vineyards. I tend to cover the whole area with one name, but alas there is a huge distinction and at times rivalry...
Just to give you an idea: Eisenberg is about 400 meters to the left of the road..
This must be the feeling those extreme cyclists get. Do you also feel a bit wonky looking at this?
This is what it all boils down to. The raison d'etre of a wine region. The plump looking grapes still being fed by a vine. A vine that has bewitched us with a wonderful spectrum of autumn colour.
Don't you wish you could paint this? As often as I see this view, it still takes my breath away each time.
Our area is geared for the sporty lot. The fact that we have two Eisenbergs has confused many a tourist. There is Eisenberg Weinberg and Eisenberg Village.
These typical Burgenland barns are my favourite. They have character, charm and are functional too.
The Eisenberg Weinberg needs no explanation and now you can see why we love it here!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment