Wednesday 1 October 2014

Having A Hobby Is Often A Lifesaver.

Kind of like an ace up our sleeve!

When we don't have a hobby to look forward to at the end of a long or hard day, we are left with our thoughts at times. Without another way to occupy our time, sadly the negative thoughts tend to grow in size...don't they?

Hobbies are a treat to fall back on. Or they are a treat to look forward to when we have the spare time. Isn't that what makes it a hobby, you know not being able to give it all your time? Artists of course are extremely lucky because they have made their hobby into their work. Nice.

Have you ever stashed away hobby paraphernalia to use sometime in the future? A box in your cupboard that you pull out to inspect now and again. A box that gets so big that you need another cupboard to hold it.

I for one love knitting although being a Gemini, I tend to either knit day and night or not at all. But, I cannot go past a wool shop without setting a foot over its threshold.

Oh, believe me, Schatzi knows not to show me his watch by repeatedly stabbing a finger at it!

The mere adventure into a hobby shop ( knitting shop for me ) takes any cares off my shoulders even if its just for a moment. Yes, instead of worrying about this and that and

" Why did so and so not greet me this morning? "
we can loose ourselves in the pleasure of planning and plotting what to knit, scrapbook, paint, read or...

It is a pity that Arts & Crafts are not shown as much importance as Maths or History at school level. A while ago I read that if we knit, crochet or maybe needle point, we are actually in the moment. Those in the moment moments are almost like a key to inner happiness and also the stuff that launched a thousand self help books.

I don't know about you, but I think that I will start on a jersey very soon...or at least add to my stash of wool in the cupboard.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment