Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Images Today Will Keep The Doldrums At Bay.

Input equals output?

As a news junkie, I am the perfect example of this. Several times a day I feed my mind with the dreadful images of our times. War, refugees, deadly illness interloped with a celebrity wedding or two. ( Will they hire a new Nespresso Bachelor? ) Our Zeitgeist isn't saying much for our generation, is it?

Yes, we need to know, but not this highly magnified version of News channels. Let's face it, they make their dosh by keeping us tuned to it. Of course I will still watch the news and my heart goes out to all those suffering in the world, but for now I am changing my mental input...reading and enjoying some happy pictures.

My favourite " secret garden " entrance. No, I have yet to go up this lovely garden path, but the mere thought of tranquility at the end of it is ample enough.
A fairy tale house indeed. I wonder if their view is as wonderful as the view to them? Definitely a place to unwind in.
Mystery, mystique and vines...all the vital ingredients of life!
Granted, this might look like I am loosing the plot but when I happened to walk past this plot, I had to take a photo to show you. Just the contrast of the plowed soil with the happy green grass flicking in front of it is great.
This wonderful acreage is behind our house and as I walked past it yesterday afternoon, our neighbour was mowing his lawn. But when I whipped out the camera he stopped for a moment. Taking pictures of soil is I think unbelievable to him. Oh, I more than likely have got a new nick name: That crazy chick!
Oh, I am not as subtle as the big advertisers. You know, the one flashing a Coca Cola bottle in front of your eyes...no, I am extremely overt. A small reminder where to book your next weekend / week away!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment