Wednesday 12 November 2014

Quotes To Me, Are Like Footprints Of History.

Some quotes I like, or find amusing but always interesting.

" Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle. "
Michelangelo ( 1475-1564 )
" A good newspaper, I suppose, is a nation talking to itself. "
Arthur Miller ( Observer 1961 )
" Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. " William Morris ( 1834-1896 ) Hopes and Fears of Art.
" I was looking for a job, and then I found a job /
And heaven knows I'm miserable now. "

Morrissey ' Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now ' 1984
" I get no kick from champagne..."
Cole Porter ' I Get A Kick Out of You ' 1934
" From a mere nothing springs a mighty tale. "
Sextus Propertius ( c. 47-15 BC. ) Elegies
" Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been. "
Arthur Ransome ( 1884-1967 ) We Didn't Mean to Go to Sea 1937
" Always design a thing by considering it in its larger context-
a chair in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment,
an environment in a city plan. "

Eero Saarinen ( 1910-1961 ) Time July 1956
" Be assured that nothing is more pleasing than beauty,
but nothing is shorter-lived. "

Suetonius ( c. AD 69-140 ) Domitianus

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment